Saturday, May 2, 2009
Recipe | Curried Chicken Crepes
This is a super yummy supper dish. If you are short on time you can do these up with tortillas, but they are yummier with crepes. With my seasonal cooking I couldn't use celery this time of year so I seasoned it with some celery salt.
2 tsp butter
1/2 medium onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1 tbsp flour
1 1/2 tsp curry powder (more if you want, taste it)
1/4 tsp salt (ditto)
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 plain yogurt
1) Cook butter, onion and celery until soft.
2) Whisk in flour, curry and salt. Stir for one minute.
3) Add chicken stock. Simmer for two minutes.
4) Remove from heat, add chicken, sour cream and yogurt (you can use all yogurt or all sour cream if that's what you have in the house).
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose)
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 tbsp melted butter
2 large eggs
1) Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2) Add wet ingredients, beat until smooth.
3) Lightly butter an 8 inch skillet
4) Pour 1/2 cup of batter in at a time and immediately rotate the skillet to coat the pan.
5) Cook until it's drying out on top, then flip. Cook until other side is lightly browned.
1) Fill 6-8 (depending on their size) crepes with the filling, roll up and put in a greased pan seam side down. I use a glass 9x13 for this.
2) Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
3) Serve with toasted almonds or peanuts on top.