Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Kitchen | Tins

Here's a couple things I picked up for my kitchen this weekend. First off I broke down and bought a third bread tin. My recipe makes three loaves. I only have two loaf pans. Well I also have a glass one but I very highly do not recommend making bread in a glass pan, at least if you ever want it out again. Mom has offered me a couple of hers...but I couldn't wait anymore (although I still wouldn't mind a 4th). So here she is, I'll let you know how it turns out, it's a stainless steel tin and I got it at Cottonwood Kitchens in Nelson, one of my favourite stores.


Ooooh, aaaaah.


And next, I wanted a decorative tin to keep crackers in. I went back and forth between thrifting and buying a pretty new one but in the end thrifting is a) more fun b) cheaper and c) more eco-friendly. So I found this baby for 99 cents. I rather love it. It has a photo of Lake Louise on the top and the sides are circled with little illustrations for each province of Canada. Delightful. Anyone know anything about McGavin's Princess Fruit Cake? I'm curious when it would have been sold orginally.






I'm going to try and find a couple more tins. But that is it. I am not a tin collector. Do not give me tins. I repeat, no buying boxes of tins for Hanna at garage sales!