Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Kitchen | Sharing

So yesterday I got home from work at about 10:30pm, exhausted. A bit later Craig and I were curled up on the couch eating popcorn and watching TV when he mentioned that the freezer had been tipped funny when he left that morning. We have a small square deep freeze and it lives out on the patio due to our tiny basement suite. I was brain dead and I believe my reply was "huh..."

About 11:30 we heard a noise and turned on the patio light to see a big fat black bear tipping the freezer over. He pulled out a package of ground beef and might have gone for more but decided to cut his loses and take off when he saw us. He also took a ziplock of frozen basil but apparently didn't feel like herbs as he left it half eaten on the ground.

So we picked everything back up and took the freezer inside (it's now an endtable...very classy). Yeah I have to go through and wash the bear slobber (by the way, ew!) off my packages but all the lamb and the free range chickens are still there which is happy as those are harder to come by. Still, I don't like sharing.

He came back at 3 in the morning to root through my recycling (no food, just clean containers, very disapointing) and I opened the door and yelled at him before he took off. So I guess I need to deal with the recyling today.

This is so not cool by the way, as he wasn't nearly as wary of me as I would like. Going to be keeping an eye in the bushes when I get home after dark from now on...